[asterisk-dev] Missing Sound!

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Thu Feb 22 16:19:03 MST 2007

On Thursday, February 22, 2007, 17:16:11, Sean Bright wrote:
> On 2/22/07, Steve Murphy <murf at digium.com> wrote:
>> The length of a voicemail in seconds is divided by 60, and the resulting
>> number played just after the vm-duration file is played. Then
>> "vm-minutes" is played.
>>
>> caio1982 suggests that "this message is longer than" be the wording for
>> this...
>> I personally lean toward "this message is at least" ... but, who am I?
>>
>> So, any votes or further suggestions as to what to put in this file?
>
> "This message is approximately..."

That implies some sort of rounding to the nearest minute was done.

Would it be excessive to have the playback go as follows
   "this message is"
   say (seconds/60)
   if ((seconds/60) == 1)  "minute"
   else "minutes"
   if (seconds%60) {
      say (seconds%60)
      if ((seconds%60) == 1)  "second"
      else "seconds"
   }
   "long"

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh