[asterisk-dev] The state of Asterisk 1.4 and T.38 passthrough

Olle E Johansson olle at voop.com
Thu Feb 15 14:39:54 MST 2007

We've had a lot of bug reports on Asterisk and T.38 passthrough in 1.4.
Josh Colp at Digium and I spent time on fixing some serious issues
two weeks ago and both of us have been involved in fixing a lot of
bug reports earlier on.

A big thank you to DEA who have assisted us in this work
in the bug tracker.

Right now, the known missing feature is that we're not going back to
an audio call if the T.38 reinvite fails. We simply hang up. This needs
to be fixed at some point, but was not a feature of the implementation
from start.

With the latest code, I've been able to fax through Asterisk.

I'm curious on your tests - does it work for you? With or without
NAT? With or without re-invites?

Please check out the latest Asterisk 1.4 from subversion and run your
tests again. We really want to have something that works when we release
a new 1.4 version.

Thanks for your testing time!

/O