[asterisk-dev] zaptel

Isack Waserman itche at bridgeport.edu
Thu Feb 15 07:06:52 MST 2007

hello all,
I am working on a propietery card that is being used in a 'hardware" PBX.
I have hardware on this card (2 DSP) and software to suport voice/phone
applications as well. I am trying to create a sip interface to that PBX. my
idea was to use (and Modify) the zaptel driver in such way that will interact
with the 2 DSP's i have on board. I am trying to make my system think that
there is a wfxo/wfxs card installed on the system.  How can i configure the
zaptel driver in such way that:
1. linux will think that there is something there?
2. where can i "poke" to change the addresses the driver is "talking" with?
3. Is configuring an ISA card will be easier for me to "full" linux around??

Thanks in advance.
Isack