[asterisk-dev] native MOH and VAD

Clod Patry cpatry at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 10:02:30 MST 2007

hi,
since last week, I noticed (thanks to Jason), that native MOH in 1.4 doesnt
work properly if you have VAD activatated.
So to send RTP, * needs to receive RTP to be able to send RTP next. That way
is really bad, since that should be totally independant from receiving.

One solution could be just to turn off VAD, but that's not a long-term
solution, since we cant call all our customers to tell them "hey turn off ur
VAD if you want clean MOH".
If i want to change that behavior, so it could be both work with/without
VAD, is there any hint someone may tell me?

I've look at the code, and i wonder if a patch could be made in the same way
for streaming prompts could be use.

I know i cant just stream the MOH on the chan, cause it has to look for
UNHOLD too.

I know it's in the bridge_native_loop() in rtp, but to change it correctly,
is it mainly related to ast_waitfor_nandfds() or ast_read() ?

Any help appreciated.

--
Clod Patry