[asterisk-dev] 1.4svn configure & --with-imap no go on FC6/CentOS4/RHEL4

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Feb 12 15:21:03 MST 2007

Bob wrote:
> There are those of us that have built and deployed the UW imap c-client
> library as a shared library and installed it in a standard path because
> the same library is used with php. I don't see why you would want to
> limit the build process to only using the static version.

It wasn't a conscious decision. The person who developed the IMAP
support for app_voicemail did it that way, and we accepted it and merged
it. We'd be happy to see it extended to work with an installed copy of
c-client as well, but nobody has put the time in to do that work yet.

As it stands today, the IMAP support for app_voicemail is not building
against an installed copy of c-client; that's not a policy, just the
current state of affairs.