[asterisk-dev] Kernel modules => mainline kernel

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Sun Feb 11 16:56:46 MST 2007

On 11 Feb 2007, at 21:49, John T. Guthrie III wrote:

> I was wondering, what are the plans, if any towards getting the
> Zaptel linux
> kernel modules included into the mainline linux kernel?

Is this such a great idea ?  It means having to test * against a lot
of different kernel versions and maintain support between an asterisk
program build, and lots and lots of versions of the driver.  As
someone who runs an asterisk box or two, I'd like to keep strict
control over which version of a driver I am running.

Other people free to disagree.

-a