[asterisk-dev] 1.4svn configure & --with-imap no go on FC6/CentOS4/RHEL4

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 9 13:00:30 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 10:35 -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Patrick wrote:
> > With asterisk 1.4svn from yesterday I have tested --with-imap on a FC6
> > and CentOS4 box. Currently it fails although the required files are
> > installed (libc-client-devel package 2004g version):
> >
> > /usr/lib/c-client.a
> > /usr/lib/libc-client.a
> > /usr/lib/libc-client.so
> > /usr/include/imap/ with the header files
>
> The --with-imap option, unlike all the other configure script options,
> will _NOT_ search your system for the IMAP toolkit libraries. If you
> don't specify a path where they can be found it assumes that you have
> unpacked and built the c-client sources at a directory parallel to the
> asterisk-1.4 directory.
>
> Generally speaking, because the c-client library is a static library (we
> don't use the shared library version), it's better to just unpack the
> sources and do the simple build and then let Asterisk link against it.
> I'll update the configure script help text to hopefully make this clearer.

Thanks for the explanation. Works like a charm:
checking for UW IMAP Toolkit c-client library... yes

While on the subject of configure, if I do ./configure --without-oss yet
see these messages in the output:

checking linux/soundcard.h usability... yes
checking linux/soundcard.h presence... yes
checking for linux/soundcard.h... yes

Should configure not skip this?

And finally, h323. If I do ./configure --with-h323 (and don't have pwlib
or opal installed) I get the following which is correct:

configure: ***
configure: *** The OPENH323 installation on this system appears to be
broken.
configure: *** Either correct the installation, or run configure
configure: *** including --without-h323

But when I say ./configure --without-h323 I still see:

checking h323.h usability... no
checking h323.h presence... no
checking for h323.h... no

Should configure not skip this?