[asterisk-dev] 1.4svn bootstrap.sh fails with autoconf 2.59

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 7 17:18:18 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 17:30 -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Patrick wrote:
> > Does anyone with knowledge of the build system have a suggestion how to
> > fix this issue? My auto* voodoo is pretty non-existent so I appreciate
> > any feedback.
>
> Most of us that work on the configure script use autoconf 2.60, so we
> don't ever see this stuff. Those macros appear to be autoconf-2.60
> specific, so I guess the answer to your question is no, autoconf 2.59
> will not work.

Thanks for the feedback Kevin.

For anyone else bumping into this issue while trying to add new apps to
the build system: it was suggested that you either create the new
configure with ./bootstrap.sh on a box that does have autoconf 2.60 (or
newer I guess) and then build Asterisk on the target box using the new
configure file or you can add the logic to build the new apps statically
to the Makefile. Hope I got it right :)

Regards,
Patrick