[asterisk-dev] Transcode-free app_chanspy

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 08:16:29 MST 2007

Hello everyone,

  I am trying to build a transcode free app_chanspy.  From my iffy C
knowledge, it appears that the conversion to AST_FORMAT_SLINEAR inside
channel_spy (app_chanspy.c) serves two purposes:

1)  Convert to slinear for volume adjustment via DTMF

2)  Convert to slinear for Asterisk core (presumably to reduce
transcoding for certain situations)

 However, in my situation I don't need volume adjustment or the
stream to be available to any other channel/application/etc that isn't
already G729.  Do I still need to transcode?

  If it is possible, I would be willing to pay for someone to create a
transcode-free app_chanspy.  If you are interested, please contact me
off-list.

Thanks!

--
Kristian Kielhofner