[asterisk-dev] New frame type for IAX: AST_FRAME_RAW ?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Feb 6 18:51:46 MST 2007

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 19:09, Roger Schreiter wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher schrieb:
> > And I'm saying that you shouldn't.  IAX (and any other intelligent
>
> Ok, what are the alternatives?
> Trying to figure out, what type of data both parties are
> sending over the ISDN+IAX line?

Correct.

> Thus the interface between ISDN and IAX  (inside asterisk)
> must parse the data and figure out the kind of data.

Yes.

> If it looks like PPP, make an AST_FRAME_PPP.

And then we can transport IAX over UDP over IP over PPP over
IAX over UDP over IP over PPP over IAX over UDP over IP over
PPP... and soon, we can completely waste bandwidth, doing nothing
at all.  No thanks.

> If it looks like an SMS transported via TAP, AST_FRAME_TAP.

No, then we transmit an AST_FRAME_TEXT.

> If it is a raw network link like the one, ifconfig

If it is a raw network link, then we don't use IAX at all.  It is a completely
inappropriate use of the IAX protocol.

> If it is a propriatry protocol by a certain ISDN software,
> like the formerly common (before internet was widely available)
> file transfer software Leonardo, just reject data tranfser?

Correct.

--
Tilghman