[asterisk-dev] New frame type for IAX: AST_FRAME_RAW ?

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Tue Feb 6 17:57:54 MST 2007

Lee Howard schrieb:
> But if you're talking about ppp ... you know with, like, V.34 or V.90
> then you'll probably need to seek commercial DSPs, as undoubtedly there

Hi,

why should I need DSPs anymore?

The remote station on the far ISDN side has no DSPs neither.
I want to use the 64kBit, which ISDN does provide, just
like /dev/ttyIx (isdn4linux / capi) does.

When I do have a BRI line, I can use isdn4linux or capi.

When I do have PRI line, which does support capi, I could
try to do the same and share the line with asterisk.

But when I do have e.g. a Digium card, I do need a more
general approach. That's why I want to "extract" a virtual
ISDN device like /dev/ttyIx from asterisk, and maybe forward
it to another computer.

Just like iaxmodem, but not limited to voice and 3kHz-data
(modulated audio like Fax G3). But also capable of full
64kBit data, like Fax G4, PPP over ISDN (ifconfig ipppX)
or ISDN raw interface (ifconfig isdnX).

Roger.