[asterisk-dev] New frame type for IAX: AST_FRAME_RAW ?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Feb 6 17:44:40 MST 2007

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 18:18, Roger Schreiter wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher schrieb:
> > Seems like a cheap hack to get around the fact that you have no
> > idea what you're sending across the wire.  I'd prefer some decoding
> > on the
>
> yes, that's right, I'm looking for a mean to transport
> any digital data over IAX, just like ISDN is able to do.

And I'm saying that you shouldn't.  IAX (and any other intelligent
protocol) should always know what it is transporting.  It is not
acceptable to simply say that you're transporting "stuff".  It may not
know directly how to decode something (such as an image) and it may
not know the final destination.  But it should know _what_ that object
(that it is transporting) is.

--
Tilghman