[asterisk-dev] Asterisk and multicore processors

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Sun Feb 4 04:30:33 MST 2007

Some thoughts:

I doubt you would need an 8 core machine to handle 100 ilbc
transcodings, that sounds like overkill.
A dual core should be able to handle approx 100 calls in iLBC.

(Maybe check if that new digium DSP card also does iLBC, or consider
moving to g729 if it doesn't).

The next remark: i'm not sure its a good idea to have 4 different links
on the pri card, unless you take the timing on one and give out the
timing on the other ones.

Asterisk is threaded so it will just take up all cores you assign to it.

Zoa