[asterisk-dev] Configuration settings

Jonathan k. Creasy jonathan at bluegrass.net
Thu Feb 1 06:42:15 MST 2007

The best way to know the source code is to start working in it. I suggest taking on a janitor task or something that you are personally interested in doing and jumping in.

Documentation on the code can be found here: HYPERLINK "http://www.asterisk.org/developers/documentation"http://www.asterisk.org/developers/documentation

If you have something you think is valuable and you want to submit it go to HYPERLINK "http://bugs.digium.com/"http://bugs.digium.com.

If you are considering using a particular algorithm to complete a task but you aren’t sure it’s the best or the asterisk way consulting the list usually only gets you a small flaming.

Asterisk doesn’t run on the Windows operating system. You can work on it from your machine running Windows by connecting to another machine running Asterisk via SSH, putty is my client of choice.

-Jonathan

   _____