[asterisk-dev] SIP channel Indicate AST_CONTROL_FLASH support

Kamanashis Roy Shuva kamanashisroy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 05:20:38 CST 2007

Hi,

Let me copy some code from chan_sip.c

I am reading a function body

 /*! \brief  Receive SIP INFO Message
\note    Doesn't read the duration of the DTMF signal */
static void handle_request_info(struct sip_pvt *p, struct sip_request *req)

        if (event == 16) {
            /* send a FLASH event */
            struct ast_frame f = { AST_FRAME_CONTROL, AST_CONTROL_FLASH, };
            ast_queue_frame(p->owner, &f);
            if (sipdebug)
                ast_verbose("* DTMF-relay event received: FLASH\n");
        } else {

The above code surely works with info message where the message
body consists of signal value. And that value is matched to 16. This
is enough evidence that asterisk supports flash when it receives
info message.

On Dec 28, 2007 4:41 PM, Johansson Olle E <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> 27 dec 2007 kl. 19.54 skrev Kamanashis Roy Shuva:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The patch is not successful adding this feature. I think there is more
> > to be added. Or the patch should follow a good design. I mean I am not
> > satisfied with this patch anyway.
> >
> > Here I have found the flash support for sip.
> >
> > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SIP+DTMF+Signalling
> >

> This page is describing RFC 2833 DTMF.

I think you should have a better look. Please recheck ..

> > Again, asterisk can accept INFO dtmf flash .. I mean it is in the code
> > that when there is
> > a info message with "signal=16" it indicates flash.
> >
> > I hope we will be discussing this upto a solution.
>
> Cisco docs indicate that they only support hook flash in the RTP
> stream. I have not seen any support
> of hook flash in SIP INFO.
>

> /O

-- Thanks