[asterisk-dev] dialog matching

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 06:11:39 CST 2007

Olle,

I think we're in agreement on what goes into computing the hash key (Call-Id
only) and how the collision is resolved.

> Before you have an established INVITE dialog, there can be several
> things happening and matching is a bit more loose. You can get
> multiple 180 ringing from different devices and still not bother with
> creating multiple dialogs. You lock in when you get a 200 OK and
> establish the dialog. If you get multiple 200 OK, you establish
> several dialogs and kill the ones you don't want to keep.

You will need to create multiple EARLY dialogs as you get multiple 1XXs with
different To tags. You need that state information for supporting UPDATE and
PRACK during early dialogs.

Raj