[asterisk-dev] wish to gauge Asterisk support @ eComm 2008?

Lee Dryburgh dryburghl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 08:09:51 CST 2007

Dear Dev lot,

I'm wishing to gauge the interest (or non-interest) in holding some kind of
Asterisk developer's session on the open space day at the Emerging
Communications Conference (eComm) - see www.eCommMedia.com

I'm hoping that Asterisk as a technology and community space can be part of
this fresh wave and join the likes of Android, Ribbit, Open Moko, iPhone SDK
Etc. I know the Asterisk lot have had fair visibility at VON and maybe they
are happier with that camp. But at least I'd like to offer the opportunity
to be part of something new. At the end of the day Asterisk is a prime
example of the democratisation of communications which is the core eComm
theme. But there are newer pushes (Android/OHA/Open Moko/iPhone SDK/Ribbit)
catching the news which coupled with open spectrum space, mean for a great
few years of innovation. Asterisk is one of the best case examples of the
conference theme so I'd like to have representation.. As said all the others
of interest are holding sessions on the open space day (watch the site early
next year to see these changes) within the Great Hall at the Computer
History Musuem which is 12,000 SQ FT. So I'd like to extend that offer to
the Asterisk lot hoping they can join the next wave of innovation :)

What I'd like to know, is what interest is there from developers in
attending or helping out represent Asterisk on the open space day? If there
is not enough interest I don't mind leaving Asterisk off and focusing on the
newer "home brew" comms technologies, but it seems a shame with Asterisk
being an established prime example of the conference theme.

Regards

Lee

PS If there is interest in attending the conference from the Asterisk lot to
a fair degree, I can easy setup a discount code for this list.