[asterisk-dev] [Asterisk 0011377]: added a return variable to app_controlplayback that reports the key used to stop playback.

Johan Wilfer johan at wilfer.se
Tue Dec 11 18:05:36 CST 2007

Hi,
Qwell submitted this patch from me to trunk. To summarize the feature
app_controlplayback now
reports the key used to stop playback. This allows the user to have
multiple stop keys and do all
kind of fancy logic in the dialplan. I for example have one key (*) that
plays an instruction how to
use the keypad.

Together with this patch I suggested that the original behavior to use *
and # as fast forward / rewind
is changed. Qwell said that this should be discussed separately so here
we go :)

My suggestion is to simply default to no forward / rewind key. Because
if you would like to
use your own logic in the dialplan and don't want to use the forward /
rewind you still have to provide
two keys for this along with 0 as skip argument to neutralize this default.

Maybe the current default doesn't make sense anyway, and should be
changed. As stated on voip-info.org:
"Note that as the *** key is on the left and the *#* button is on the
right of a  telephone keypad, it may make
more sense to swap the default buttons: use *** for rewind and *#* for
forward."

Comments?
Could we remove these defaults?
/Johan