[asterisk-dev] AMI losing events

Paolo Ornati ornati at fastwebnet.it
Tue Dec 11 14:03:49 CST 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:26:27 -0200
"Gabriel Ortiz Lour" <ortiz.admin at gmail.com> wrote:

>   I've searched the net for info on AMI losing events and saw that this
> problem persists (as I am experiencing it!). I think that should be pretty
> hard to fix it, so I was wondering if you guys could point me some other way
> to receive the Asterisk events reliably, (maybe trought reading the console
> directly?). I have an application that depends on the AMI events to keep
> track of Agents, Queues, Links... and when I lose an event.... buuum!

I've a similar application and I've never seen this happening.

Do you have a huge number of events when this happens?

Are you sure that the problems you have are caused by missing events?

For example:
	- do you handle "Rename" event?
	- and rename that change the "device" to which the channel
		refers to?  (CAPI/... ---> SIP/...)
	- and rename event that "overwrites" an existing channel? (Yes,
	I've seen it happen)

Also, if I remember correctly, there are 3 different events that can say
a call get unparked:
	"ParkedCallGiveUp", "ParkedCallTimeOut", "UnParkedCall"

etc...

--
	Paolo Ornati
	Linux 2.6.24-rc4-g94545bad on x86_64