[asterisk-dev] Unified Asterisk Interface

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Dec 11 11:45:28 CST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 10:53 -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007 10:16:31 Steven Critchfield wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 09:21 -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > > Well, if you're addicted to AGI, you're going to love 1.6, since we've
> > > joined the boundary between live and dead mode and allowed an AGI to make
> > > the transition.
> >
> > You mean we are going back to the earlier 1.4 days and before... Well
> > the ability to not be killed when the transition is being made.
>
> No, you'll still get a HUP signal... but Asterisk will continue to interact,
> should you survive that signal.  Currently, after you get the signal, Asterisk
> just waits for your process to die before exiting.

So far even with test apps, I can't get an app to survive a hangup. This
has caused us to stagnate on certain revisions of 1.4 and/or just use
deadagi on newer revs.

Fun thing is, I actually don't want to interact with asterisk after
hangup, I just want to be able to survive long enough to clean up after
myself.