[asterisk-dev] Unified Asterisk Interface

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 11:40:56 CST 2007

> That may be true, but AGI is still a local-channel interface.  Muddying the
> water by including other channels is overkill.  Using a separate interface for
> global data is the logical outcome.  That is, you get information that is
> germane only to your specific connection on the generated interface, and
> you MAY retrieve additional information from another.

Using an Asynchronous AGI does not take away any functionality nor
adds overhead to anyone not wanting to use it. For those of us not
wanting nor needing a TCP connection for each incoming call we want to
instruct what to do, it helps to have the functionality I have already
described. Its all about choices isn't it?

As a plus one can execute AGI commands from the command line, not
useful but sounds very cool to me! :)

The best of all, no one is required to write any code, it is already
there, just take it and leave some users happy.

Moisés Silva