[asterisk-dev] Zaptel patch advice needed

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Mon Dec 10 09:44:06 CST 2007

Anton wrote:
> Hi!
> I've came to a requirement to have over 256 /dev/zap/x
> device files (512) to have 16E1's accessible (one of the
> third party channel drivers - chan_ss7) addresses old-style
> and needs this device files).
>
> Any advice how to do this possible highly appreciated!

You must use the open("/dev/zap/channel") and use the ZT_SPECIFY ioctl
instead of directly opening "/dev/zap/1" for example.  Chan_zap utilizes
this method to open zaptel devices to get around the limitation we had
with minor numbers.  You can see its source code for more information.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer