[asterisk-dev] updated: Re: DESTDIR vs INSTALL_PATH ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Sun Dec 9 10:01:01 CST 2007

On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 05:43:37PM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 07:25:29AM -0800, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>
> > In light of this, then, Tzafir is completely right that creating the paths
> > in asterisk.conf is completely redundant, because the defaults are
> > already set during the build.
> >
> > So i would like to withdraw my original proposal and change it in the following:
> >
> > 1. comment out the [directories] section in the generated asterisk.conf because
> >    one can already make use of the default created at build time.
> >    This can be changed easily by turning the section into a prototype:
> >
> > 	-	echo "[directories]" ; \
> > 	+	echo "[directories](!) ; remove the (!) to enable this" ; \
>
> Nice :-)
>
> Though I think of something simpler: configs/asterisk.conf.sample

Almost completely agreed.

The only thing in asterisk.conf (as installed) that depends
on the build defaults is the [directories] section.
Having it dynamically built is only useful as a reminder of how the
defaults were set at build time.

So, we could take the core of the file from configs/asterisk.conf.sample
and then append/prepend the commented-out [directories] section from the Makefile.

thanks guys for the very useful feedback

luigi