[asterisk-dev] MeetMe DTMF menus

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 09:51:25 CST 2007

In article <B0CF4196F21DC0448367514774331AB702B953C5 at scl-exch2k3.phoenix.com>,
Dan Austin <Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com> wrote:
> Tony wrote:
> > I'm looking to add some features to the admin/user menus in MeetMe,
> > and have come up against the problem that we have just about run out
> > of menu options of the form *N (I already use 5 and 0 too).
>
> There are a couple of patches in Mantis also looking to use up the
> few options still free.
>
> > It seems a little wasteful to use four and a half options for volume
> > control (4,6,7,9 and possibly 8). I was wondering what people's
> > opinions would be on moving the volume options to a separate sub-menu:
> > e.g.  1 to mute/unmute, 2 to lock/unlock, 3 to eject, 4 to adjust
> > volumes, etc., and after pressing 4, offer 4, 6, 7, 9 and 8 (or
> > perhaps *) for adjusting volume as presently.
>
> I'd agree.  In fact I proposed the same thing on 10/19 on this
> List, but no one else seemed to be very interested...

Ah yes, I've just gone back and found that one. Did you ever go ahead
and produce any code for yourself?

The scheme I had in mind was to make menus configurable in meetme.conf,
and selectable with a parameter to the 's' option. With no parameter,
the menu would default to [admin] or [user] according to the 'a' option.

It would be necessary to fix names for the possible menu leaf operations,
e.g.
Mute, Lock, Eject, ListenDown, ListenUp, TalkDown, TalkUp, Exit, etc.

Then define menus as contexts with a prompt file and each keypress mapped
to either a leaf operation or another context. So the defaults would look
like this, if not overridden in meetme.conf:

[admin]
menu=conf-adminmenu
1=Mute
2=Lock
3=Eject
4=ListenDown
6=ListenUp
7=TalkDown
9=TalkUp
8=Exit

[user]
menu=conf-usermenu
1=Mute
4=ListenDown
6=ListenUp
7=TalkDown
9=TalkUp
8=Exit

And the volume-submenu version could look like this:

[volume]
menu=conf-volmenu
4=ListenDown
6=ListenUp
7=TalkDown
9=TalkUp
8=Exit

[admin-new]
menu=conf-adminmenu-new
1=Mute
2=Lock
3=Eject
4=volume
8=Exit

[user-new]
menu=conf-usermenu-new
1=Mute
4=volume
8=Exit

I'm not sure whether the difference between '=' and '=>' would be useful
in parsing the file or not, perhaps to distinguish between built-ins and
sub-contexts.

"Exit" would always exit the whole menu system, not just back up a level.

Using the above scheme, any number of different menu schemes could be
defined and then called up with s(menu) as a Meetme option.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Tony
--