[asterisk-dev] Error compiling asterisk-addons 1.4.5

Faidon Liambotis paravoid at debian.org
Tue Dec 4 17:54:40 CST 2007

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> Digium made no such choice.  It was a compatibility fix to help those users
> trying to compile C++ modules, which puked on the "private" keyword being
> used as a struct field name.
>
> I regret having to change the field name, but using a C++ keyword made it
> unavoidable.
As my patch and r91032 proved, it was not exactly unavoidable :-)

r91032 | russell | 2007-12-05 01:46:40 +0200 (Wed, 05 Dec 2007) | 5 lines

Modify file.h to maintain API compatibility with earlier versions.  If a
recent compiler is being used, then a warning will show up for any
modules still using the old name "private" instead of "_private".
(patch suggested by paravoid)

Regards,
Faidon