[asterisk-dev] Error compiling asterisk-addons 1.4.5

Faidon Liambotis paravoid at debian.org
Tue Dec 4 15:12:45 CST 2007

Andre Courchesne - Prival wrote:
>   I have the following compiling asterisk-addons 1.4.5 where under
> the same environment 1.4.4 was compiling fine. I get the following
> errors. Update of the source from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5 was done with
> the patch file.
Unfortunately, Digium made a delibarate decision to break both the API
and the ABI on the stable branch (1.4.15).

In other words, you have to recompile all of your modules (be it
asterisk-addons or otherwise) and many of these need source changes as well.

I think it's a mistake to do this on a so-called stable tree where other
less intrusive changes have been rejected (e.g. func_devstate), but I
guess we'll have to live with that.

Regards,
Faidon