[asterisk-dev] fax/modem detection

Dmitry Andrianov dimas at dataart.com
Sun Dec 2 19:06:32 CST 2007

Asterisk DSP code does only detect CNG tones and does not detect CED tones. I'm currently working on modifications of DSP code to detect CED tones but it is only one part of the puzzle. The other piece is how to react on tone detected by DSP code - either there should be an application (I'm not sure BackgroundDetect is enough) or channel drivers should jump to specific extensions when tone is detected like chan_zap does. I personally like the second approach more but I still haven't came to final conclusion.