[asterisk-dev] Application timeouts, Periodic and Scheduled Announcements

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Aug 29 14:25:37 CDT 2007

Rod Dorman wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 29, 2007, 15:00:40, Russell Bryant wrote:
>> ; Cancel announcements in case the call ended early
>> exten => s,n,NoOp(Cancel beep after ${STOP_ANNOUNCE(${ANNOUNCE_ID1})} seconds)
>> exten => s,n,NoOp(Cancel timeup after ${STOP_ANNOUNCE(${ANNOUNCE_ID2})} seconds)
>> ; Turn off application timeout
>> exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(application)=0)
>
> What would be the behaviour if the STOP_ANNOUNCE's and the TIMEOUT
> weren't done?

If it was a periodic announcement, you would just continue hearing throughout
whatever applications you continued to executed.

For a scheduled announcement, it would just play at the time you told it to,
even if the channel has moved on to later in the dialplan where you don't want
it played anymore.

For the timeout, it would cause the channel to break out of whatever application
it was running at the time the timeout hit.  (Note that the way I plan on
implementing it, it wouldn't be able to take effect until you were in an
application that is handling media, meaning that there is no race condition when
trying to run Set() to disable it).

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer