[asterisk-dev] Mantis - how to browse patches on-screen?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 15:38:27 CDT 2007

In article <20070824194836.GA16763 at griever.vanbaak.info>,
Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info> wrote:
> On 16:43, Fri 24 Aug 07, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > In the previous version of Mantis on the bug tracker it was possible to
> > click on the link for an attached file such as a patch, and for it to
> > be displayed in the same browser window as a text file.
> >
> > Now that doesn't seem possible - all attached files call file_download.php
> > which forces an Open/Save dialog. This is much less convenient for browsing.
> >
> > Is there any way to go back to the old behaiour?
>
> If I click on the patch filename it shows in my browser.
> If I click the little ^ after the filename it shows an
> Open/Save dialog.
> Tested with firefox and opera.

Hmm, that's interesting, I've just tried Firefox and it behaves just as
you say. I then tried IE6 on another machine and it does the same.

So I wonder why IE7 just gives me an open/save dialog box, not for
the attachment, but for file_download.php itself! And if I click on
"Open", it starts up Dreamweaver!

Cheers
Tony
--