[asterisk-dev] invasive fixes to chan_iax2 in 1.4

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Aug 23 22:04:49 CDT 2007

能功 杜 wrote:
>  i know in asterisk1.4 ,there is an option named *transfer* in iax.conf.
> when you have '16286 active IAX channels' ,how do you set your
> *transfer*,transfer = 'no' or transfer = 'mediaonly'?
> if transfer = 'mediaonly', is there an iaxclient implements transfer
> mediaonly?
> thanks in advance.

You misunderstood his situation where he had this many active channels.  This
was due to a bug in the code I had written that caused these channels to not go
away when he was running a registration load test.  A registration is a stateful
 exchange of IAX2 messages.  These simple message exchanges are considered
"calls", but aren't real phone calls that involve media.

On a positive note, when testing chan_iax2 with the number of hash buckets in
use to be 500 something, I was able to hammer my box with 10 to 20 thousand
registrations and it didn't seem to have a problem with it at all.  (I wasn't
using realtime, and it's a 64-bit pentium D, dual core 2.8 GHz box with 2 GB of
RAM).  I'd like to get some accurate numbers to quantify the performance
improvement with the registration load.  I may do it later this week.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer