[asterisk-dev] DTMF detection in dsp.c intolerant?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 09:18:26 CDT 2007

In article <46CC389F.4040707 at coppice.org>,
Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
> Those files decode OK with the DTMF decoder in spandsp. Since the one in
> * is based on that, the problem must be due to something subtle in the
> differences.

Hi Steve, many thanks for your reply. Would you mind running the following
file through the same decoder?

http://www.softins.co.uk/dtmf-call-31378.wav

In this one the audio is not so clean, but I would have thought a good
decoder should still be able to extract the DTMF.

The string sent was again *82779736*91856360** but this time Asterisk
only detected *87936*918636*

I'll have a look at the decoder in spandsp and try to compare it with
the one in Asterisk.

BTW, I'm using Asterisk 1.2.

Cheers
Tony