[asterisk-dev] Cross compiling zaptel

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Aug 21 12:36:26 CDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 12:51:45PM -0400, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>   I know that this has come up on the list before but I am trying to
> figure out how to properly cross compile zaptel 1.4 (and asterisk,
> soon).
>
>   I have attached the output of what I *think* should work (it
> obviously doesn't).
>
>   I think Russell has stated in the past that menuselect is NOT
> required to build zaptel or asterisk.  Which makefile targets should I
> be calling to get around menuselect?  If I try to name a few specific
> targets - "make modules programs", it fails with:

menuselect itself cerainly is. An explicit 'menuselect' command is not
required. If it is not not used, menuselect --fixdeps  will be used.

> No rule to make target `pciradio.ko', needed by `install-modules'

Everything regarding the makefile target has been well-documented in
1.4.5 and fixed slightly afterwards :-( . Try current 1.4.5 svn (or next
zaptel version)

> (as seen in zaptel-build.log)
>
>   In Zaptel 1.4.4 menuselect builds with the target CC (instead of
> HOSTCC) and can't run (as seen in zaptel-build-notarget.log).  The
> "command not found" error is because the menuselect binary is linked
> against a different C library that does not exist on my host system.

Should be fixed in 1.4.5 , as I mentioned.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com