[asterisk-dev] Cross compiling zaptel

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 11:51:45 CDT 2007

Hello everyone,

  I know that this has come up on the list before but I am trying to
figure out how to properly cross compile zaptel 1.4 (and asterisk,
soon).

  I have attached the output of what I *think* should work (it
obviously doesn't).

  I think Russell has stated in the past that menuselect is NOT
required to build zaptel or asterisk.  Which makefile targets should I
be calling to get around menuselect?  If I try to name a few specific
targets - "make modules programs", it fails with:

No rule to make target `pciradio.ko', needed by `install-modules'

(as seen in zaptel-build.log)

  In Zaptel 1.4.4 menuselect builds with the target CC (instead of
HOSTCC) and can't run (as seen in zaptel-build-notarget.log).  The
"command not found" error is because the menuselect binary is linked
against a different C library that does not exist on my host system.

--
Kristian Kielhofner