[asterisk-dev] Additional SNMP stats request

Justin Killen jkillen at allamericanasphalt.net
Mon Aug 20 10:50:43 CDT 2007

All,

I am trying to do some trend graphing of certain statistics within
asterisk, but I'm having a hard time finding them.  My current
implementation is an 8 port TDM card that users dial into from the PSTN,
so I have Zap/1-1, Zap/2-1, Zap/3-1, etc.

What I would like to be able to query is the total number of answered
calls, and the current 'UP' time.  My eventual plan would be to hook
these numbers into MRTG or something similar that would give me the
number of calls over the last 5 minutes.  I have tried using the
'concurrent calls' node, but that misses a lot of information (e.g. I
gather stats, a person calls and hangs up, then the stats gather again).

So, in having these two nodes I would be able to deduce the average call
length and true concurrent calls over time.

Is anybody else already working on something like this?

There were some talks about adding similar information (back in may:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2007-May/027740.html) -
can somebody confirm what statistics will be added/available?

Thanks

-Justin Killen