[asterisk-dev] macosx building is broken

Caio Begotti caio at ueberalles.net
Sat Aug 18 19:13:38 CDT 2007

Since yesterday at night I found that Asterisk trunk isn't compiling
on my MacOSX anymore. I didn't have time to find the exact reason
that led to the breakage but I have the following information that
maybe will help:

The last working revision for me was 79939, 2007-08-17 18:19:18.
Tonight's broken revision is 79971, 2007-08-18 11:34:47. That's what
I get with the latest code:

    [LD] check_expr.o ast_expr2.o ast_expr2f.o -> check_expr
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_strndup
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [check_expr] Error 1
make: *** [utils] Error 2

I noticed that overwriting (just a quick test) the utils/ directory
solved the problem partially and the issue seems to be in some very
recent AEL code (revision 79595 commited by Murf). I couldn't neither
prove or study that, though...

Is someone already working on this or have more information on how I
could solve the problem on my own? In fact I only needed a res_
module to build so I don't care THAT much anyway :-)

Cheers,

--
Caio Begotti (caio1982)
http://caio.ueberalles.net