[asterisk-dev] chan_bridge concept

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Aug 16 10:09:46 CDT 2007

>     Does anybody knows how Josh Colp is doing with the bridging API? I
> think it has been almost a year since that branch was open, but not
> sure if he is actively working on it, I would love to hear about it
> .... checking SVN ....
>
> Regards

I think I can speak for Josh Colp :D

I've been working on the bridging API rather heavily over the past week
or so. It can currently handle bridging two channels together and
multi-channel bridges fine and dandy, as is demonstrated by the
BridgeTest and ConfBridge applications. Presently multichannel bridging
utilizes zaptel pseudo channels but a software based mixer is in the
works that will require no zaptel timing source. To the user it will be
seamless, they won't even notice whether they are using zaptel or softmix.

I'm presently working on the feature side of things so you will probably
see commits in regards to that shortly.

If there are any specific questions you have about the bridging API feel
free to ask or I can give a general overview for general list consumption.

--
Joshua Colp
Software Developer