[asterisk-dev] Speex preprocessor and disconnection from Asterisk

Fadil Sutomo fsutomo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 13:34:14 CDT 2007

Hi there,

I am really interested in trying speex as my codec since I think it works
best with my SIP clients (SIP Communicator).

And I want to increase the voice quality of it by using Preprocessor in
Speex. That is, by setting 'preprocess' field to 'true' in codecs.conf.

Yes, I installed the latest version of Speex in my computer. That is, when I
type 'speexenc --version' in the terminal, it shows that I am using version
1.2-beta2.

Here comes the problem.

After I set 'preprocess' field to 'true', and reload codec_speex.so,
everytime I place a call, then I lost connection with Asterisk server as the
first sound gets into the phone, whether it be my voice, or the background
voice (maybe the 'meow' of your cat, back there).

Any voice detected by the phone, Asterisk connection is gone! And I'll see
the disturbing message:
"Disconnected from Asterisk server
Executing last minute cleanups"

So, anyone knows what's the problem and workaround for this ?

Your help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Fadil