[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] qwell: branch group/ast_storage r79270 - in /team/group/ast_storage: include/...

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Aug 15 11:45:33 CDT 2007

SVN commits to the Digium repositories wrote:
> Author: qwell
> Date: Mon Aug 13 14:02:45 2007
> New Revision: 79270

> Log:
> Commit a bunch of changes I've had sitting in a local copy for a while (yeah, I know..)
>
> This changes the API quite a bit.
>
> It probably doesn't work - at all.

I see that there is a lot of time being put in to this right now.  I have some
questions about how this is being developed.  I hinted at this yesterday on IRC
but I wanted to post it here "on the record".

1) What test code is being written to test out what is being developed?

I think that it would be to everyone's benefit to write CLI commands that test
*every* part of the API to ensure that they work as you expect them to.
Furthermore, this test code will serve as the simplest example for how to use it.

That way, you won't have to think that things probably will or will not work.
You will *know*.

2) What is the first planned "real" usage of the API?

It also seems like it would be a good idea to immediately start working on a
real usage of the API.  It will force you to face practical issues with using
the API.  When you start trying to use it for something, you are likely going to
come across things that need to be different than you thought.  The further
along you get with the API, the harder it is going to be to change if things
have to change when it comes time to use it somewhere.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer