[asterisk-dev] meetme and DTMF going from Zap to SIP-IAX2

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:13:39 CDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Matt Florell <astmattf at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/10/07, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:
> > Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > > You shouldn't need all the SLA stuff from Meetme just to add the DTMF
> > > frame forwarding to conf_run().
> >
> > Absolutely.  Just adding DTMF passthrough shouldn't be that difficult.  Just
> > look for conf_queue_dtmf().  It's actually pretty trivial ...

It actually was fairly trivial once I knew that function is all I
really needed,aside from changing how the "F" flag is declared at the
top of app_meetme and changing AST_FRAME_DTMF_BEGIN to AST_FRAME_DTMF
it was pretty much a direct copy from the 1.4 SVN trunk code.

I have made a patch, and have tried this on 2 systems running 1.2.23
and 1.2_SVN with both of them passing through DTMF from SIP to Zap and
Zap to SIP just as I need. I am planning on trying this in production
tomorrow to see how it does.

Here's the patch if you are interested:
http://www.eflo.net/files/meetme_DTMF_passthru-1.2.23.patch

Thank you very much for your help on this,

MATT----