[asterisk-dev] Capturing the media of a SIP call and sending it to a remote computer

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Aug 10 13:37:46 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 19:39 +0200, MOSBAH ABDELKADER wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am a newbie with developping for Asterisk.
>
> I want to capture the media (RTP) of a given SIP call and send it to a
> remote computer.
>
> I am not sure if this is possible with AGI? and what programming
> language to use to do it (C, C++, Python,...)?.
>
> If this is possible, please give me an idea about how to do that.

This is when it would be best to read on how to ask a smart question.
The answer to your question is different based on many variables. You
haven't explained what you are trying to do yet. You also don't seem to
grasp yet that once asterisk has the call, it doesn't matter how the
call started you can get access to the audio.

So maybe if you go scan this document before revising this question, we
can help you.