[asterisk-dev] IAX2 changes - thank you!

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Aug 10 07:20:56 CDT 2007

Loic Didelot wrote:
> If anyone is interested in core dumps just tell me. I can also give root
> access to a test box with with the flood tool etc... This might speed up
> things as the test environment is ready.

Posting backtraces of these crashes to the bug tracker would be great.  Getting
access to this test tool to recreate the problem is even better.

> Now, I know that those tests are not really an everyday situation. This
> is why I will try to put it in production on Monday and provide further
> test results.

This kind of testing is very valuable.  You shouldn't be able to make it crash.
  It's a lot easier to fix the problem on a system where the crash can be
recreated using a test tool as opposed to a production system where those 800
registrations are customers.  :)

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer