[asterisk-dev] IAX2 changes - thank you!

Loic Didelot ldidelot at voipgate.com
Fri Aug 10 01:34:42 CDT 2007

Hello,
for now I did some basic testing. So I flooded asterisk with 800
registrations, one every millisecond. Yep, this is a lot but no problem
for SIP at all. It works for IAX too as long as "rtcachefriends=no".

Because I like being nice with asterisk I even try to reload asterisk
during the flood process. Everything works fine except if
rtcachefriends=yes. In that case I need to wait only a few seconds and
asterisk crashes. This problem is in asterisk since always.

The last thing I see on my CLI  is:

*** glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list: 0x0000002a9e649f40
***
Aborted

If anyone is interested in core dumps just tell me. I can also give root
access to a test box with with the flood tool etc... This might speed up
things as the test environment is ready.

We are running asterisk on DELL 1850 servers and Redhat Enterprise
Linux. Mysql is on a different box but on the same lan. We use ODBC to
connect to the mysql server.

Now, I know that those tests are not really an everyday situation. This
is why I will try to put it in production on Monday and provide further
test results.

Best regards,
Loic Didelot.

Jabber: ldidelot2 at jabber.voipgate.com