[asterisk-dev] queries regarding SDP implementation for multiple bit rates for g.722 codec.

lalit kumar lalit.dumca.cnxt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 08:21:14 CDT 2007

Hi  All,

Help needed regarding G.722 codec negotiation.

I have few queries regarding SDP implementation for multiple bit rates for
g.722 codec.

As we know that g.722 supports 48,56 and 64 kbps.

Query-1: à I want to negotiate g.722 codec with multiple bitrates 64 56,and
48. Then what would be SDP attributes value in Sip invite.

Query-2à if I have following codec order for negotiation, then what would be
the SDP for Sip Invite?

               G.722 at 64 kbps

               PCMU

               G.722 at 56 kbps

               G.729

               G.722 at 48 Kbps

Query-3 à On network what flavor of G.722 codec is better from 64, 56 and 48
kbps?

Please help me out, Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards