[asterisk-dev] Better pattern matching

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Aug 1 22:23:13 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 20:31 -0500, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> This would not work?  _[Nn][Aa][Nn][Cc][Yy]XX

Good question... I should really try it.  I chose this example because
most of the letters in the name "NANCY" could stand for some other
digit:

N: 2-9
A: DTMF digit A
N: 2-9 (again)
C: DTMF digit C

So, in short, I wasn't saying it was impossible, just difficult (and
possibly ambiguous).  In the example above, how do we differentiate
between the letter C and the DTMF digit C?  (Not that I expect a lot of
people to be entering the DTMF digits A through D, but still...)
Hopefully, putting it in square brackets does the same thing that it
does for N, X, and Z.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager