[asterisk-dev] ExternalIVR changes not playing audio

Chris Tooley chris at tooley.com
Wed Aug 1 15:42:31 CDT 2007

Attached is a diff against Asterisk 1.4.9 for some proposed changes to
app_externalivr.c which improves functionality and adds support for
socket connections instead of running an application.  However, I
can't seem to get the audio to play when it uses the socket
connection.

I've also attached a simple script that plays a standard prompt and
here is the dialplan entries to  play the script:

[EIVRBeep]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,ExternalIVR(/root/play_beep.sh)

That will play the beep audio file in the asterisk sounds directory.

Changing the dialplan to:
[EIVRBeep]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,ExternalIVR(ivr://localhost:2949)

You should be able to have netcat listen to port 2949
     nc -l -p 2949
and have asterisk connect to that.  Then, typing the following in the
nc session should do the same thing:
P,FOO
O,autoclear
A,beep

It doesn't play the audio and I can't seem to figure out why.  I'm
guessing the generator isn't working as expected?