[asterisk-dev] Beginner question - Opening project in kdevelop

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Apr 30 08:19:50 MST 2007

As we're here on -dev and not on -users,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 09:44:42AM -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Monday 30 April 2007 9:27 am, Thiago Paiva Flores wrote:
> > "Slackware is not currently supported, although an
> > init script does exist for it. else echo We could not
> > install init scripts for your distribution."
>
> Generally those running Slackware create their own startup scripts, as it is
> a fairly bare-bones distribution.
>
> This is my rc.asterisk script, which you may adapt:

Some comments, for the case of starting Asterisk as a user:

> #!/bin/bash
>
> hw_start() {
> 	/sbin/modprobe zaptel
> 	/sbin/modprobe wct4xxp
> 	sleep 1
> 	/sbin/ztcfg
> }

Messing with zaptel generally must be done as root.

> asterisk_start() {
> 	su - root -c '/usr/bin/screen -d -m /usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvgc'
> }

However if you just need to start asterisk as a user, install asterisk
under the prefix $HOME/ast and start asterisk with something of the sort
of:

$HOME/ast/sbin/asterisk -C $HOME/ast/etc/asterisk.conf

You may also need to edit $HOME/ast/etc/asterisk.conf as well.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com