[asterisk-dev] Extensions to RTPAUDIOQOS for SIP/other channels

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Apr 26 17:29:56 MST 2007

At 8:10 AM +0200 2007/4/26, Olle E Johansson wrote:
>>25 apr 2007 kl. 23.02 skrev Kristian Kielhofner:

>>>Olle -
>>>    A manager command would be useful as well.  I'm a big believer in
>>>getting things into the Dialplan, too.  Any way a patch could be made
>>>for the two or three lines to create a variable while you're in there?
>>>

>>  I like the idea but I'd like to keep it in the dialplan.
>>
>>  For now just something that could log the IPs of the actual RTP
>>endpoints in a standard "SIP trapezoid" type call setup would be a
>>great start.  Perhaps we need a new variable for this - ${RTPIP} or
>>similar?
>It should be part of the existing SIP functions, like SIPCHANNEL
>or maybe an extension to the core CHANNEL function.
>/O

I'm torn if this should be a channel-specific item, or if it should
be left in some type of RTP-based value in the core CHANNEL
functions.  I'm thinking the latter, since H323, Gtalk/Jingle, and
SIP all use RTP and could benefit if the value was not specific to
each channel type.

At this point, I'd be happy if the value was just added to the end of
the RTPAUDIOQOS blob like this, which seems pretty trivial to
implement:

ssrc=946918584;themssrc=3607239124;lp=7;rxjitter=0.005826;rxcount=1253;txjitter=0.000000;txcount=1264;rlp=0;rtt=0.000000;rtpip=11.22.33.44

JT