[asterisk-dev] extensions.conf included contexts priorities

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Apr 25 09:50:12 MST 2007

On Wednesday 25 April 2007 11:47 am, Steve Murphy wrote:
> I do propose that we make the following change to the
> extensions.conf.sample file to minimize user
> misunderstanding/frustration over include directives.... the reason this
> thread began...
>
> Do you think this might help? Is the English proper?

I'd mention that wildcards are also searched depth-first, and that if a
wildcard in the current context matches, a more specific extension in an
included (or switched) context will NOT get executed.

This is the most confusing part for me.  I was under the impression (and it
always seemed to work) that wildcards were searched DEAD LAST, since an
included context with an extension with fewer (incl. 0) wildcards was a
better match than an extension with more wildcards.

What's scary (to me) is that my dialplans have been working just fine until
very, very recently.

-A.