[asterisk-dev] IAX2 OSP support - issue 8531

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Thu Apr 12 10:57:36 MST 2007

Hi,

Russell Bryant wrote:
[skipped]
> The patch introduces a new dialplan function, IAXCHANINFO(), which lets
> you set
> the OSP token.  However, as I read the code, you could set it with either
> IAXCHANINFO() or IAXVAR(), and retrieve it with either one on the other
> side as
> well.

Could we move all channel-related variables into CHANNEL() functionality? It
will simplify and generalize a way to access such variables...

Currently we have at least IAX-specific and SIP-specific channel variable
functions, which makes people to take care about which channel technology is
used to place a call. Combining them as common CHANNEL() variables will
simplify overall dialplan design in most cases, including OSP support.

WBR,
Paul.