[asterisk-dev] IAX2 OSP support - issue 8531

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Apr 12 06:21:22 MST 2007

My two cents:

I agree with Tim's assertion that there will be no standardization of
variable names passed across IAX sessions; those are for the users to
decide what they want.

However, I think that would be a poor decision for OSP, since if we add
this support it would become a 'standard' part of the IAX2 protocol and
all IAX2 implementations would be expected to consider implementing it.
Given that, it should have a consistent representation within the IAX2
signaling, and that is why I felt that dedicated IEs for the OSP token
were the right thing to do.